Friday, January 9, 2015

New Year, Improved Me...

Well this girl is a sucker for New Years!! While I am sad to see 2014 go, as it was such a special year for us, there is something about starting fresh, making goals and resolutions that gets me really excited! I have been known to make obscenely long lists of resolutions in the past. My hope this year is that by posting my resolutions, I will feel more accountable for them and have more of an inclination to follow through.
In the last 2 years that we’ve resided in Chicago, I feel like I haven’t gotten to explore the city nearly as much as I would like to. Working every other weekend and planning our wedding left me little time to enjoy all the things Chicago has to offer. Now, working every third weekend and with our wedding behind us, I can finally find the time to enjoy all the things that I missed out on!

Here are some of my resolutions and goals for 2015…
  • Read 1 book a month for pleasure…I was so eager to start this resolution, that I started the week prior to the new year and even found a new way to pass the time at work. I have already read 2 books so I am feeling pretty confident that this resolution is a keeper. Ryan hates that I watch TV prior to going to bed at night and this has really helped in that department; in fact, he has tried to watch a show a few times while turning in for bed and I find it really annoying while I’m trying to read. I guess this is something I have to put up with for a little while as I use to do this to him. My, how the tables have turned!
  • Try a new recipe, once a week…again, I was too eager to wait for 2015, so I started this the week prior to the New Year. Every year we make a family cookbook compiled of our favorite recipes tried and true for the year. I find myself struggling to find good recipes worthy to place in our cookbook because I slack off cooking during the year or I forget which recipes I’ve already put into our previous years cookbooks. I’m hoping this will help alleviate this problem and perhaps aid us in eating healthier, which we both could afford to do.
  • Be more active, which of course includes going to the gym…my favorite…not!  I will admit, I haven’t exactly started this resolution quite yet.
  • Be more conscious with savings
  • Buy a home…if we find the right one and the time is right, of course!
  • Be present and in the moment
  • Blog, Blog, Blog
  • And overall, I would like to establish more of a routine in my day-to-day life, which can be difficult at times due to working night shift but I am determined to try and figure this out so I don’t spend so much time hanging in bed when I could be exploring the outdoors

Here’s to a great year in 2015! I can’t wait to share it with ya’ll!

No comments:

Post a Comment