Sunday, April 12, 2015

Up, Up and Away!


Getting our puppy fix with Sam!
     


Not the best pic but we were having fun :)









A Mama and her son :)







      A little delayed but well worth the post. Ryan and I spent a wonderful weekend in March in good ‘ole Bonita Springs, Florida. We got to spend some time with the Mama, cousin JoAnn, Gram and Gramps and we even crossed paths with Stephanie as well as Kelli who flew down for a few days. It was a much needed vaca from frigid Chi-town…something we have learned we have to do in the winter, EVERY winter, in order to maintain our sanity.

      It was so nice to spend time with the family and just relax. Of course, in true Benson style, we partook in many activities including daily bike rides, maybe even a run here or there, fishing, a concert, some dancing, some shopping at our favorite store and even some parasailing.

First run in a long while...
A bass fisherman…. 
      Ahh parasailing…what can I say? I’ve always wanted to do it and now I can say I have and it was quite exhilarating. Bless Ryan’s heart, I think that he had white knuckles the entire time we were up there and I can’t say that I was too relaxed flying around either! Of course, we chose to do the higher parasail for longer because if your going to do it, then do it up but as the minutes ticked by while we hung out in the sky, it became clear to us that we probably won’t be doing this again until we have kiddo’s. Don’t get me wrong, if you’ve never parasailed, you should definitely do it and it helped that we had great company to parasail with but it was definitely scarier than we thought it would be. Let’s just say, I don’t think I’ll be jumping out of a plane or partaking in any other wild outdoor sports involving parachutes or bungee cords for a while. We got some great videos! Check them out below!

Kelli & Karen

Far, Far Away!
Taking a dip...



Dancing kicks...


Family time with the sister :)





Kelli and the Mama :)

Ryan and Whitney Parasailing!

We saw lots of wildlife. Some dolphins, turtles (Ryan even caught one accidently with his expert fishing skills…I won’t go into that traumatizing story) and a gator or  two. Although it wasn’t nearly enough time, overall it was really nice to spend some time with Mama Benson and the rest of the family and we are very much looking forward to May when we can expect them to come home and be closer to us. I have to say as time goes on, everyone living in different places is starting to get old and I find myself far more nostalgic for our family these days. I think this is just further compounded in the winter when the snowbirds depart for Florida so perhaps with their migration home, it will make it easier to have more family just a car ride away. There just isn’t enough time or money to visit everyone all the time and foster the relationships we wish we could have as Auntie and Uncle. So with that being said, give everyone a hug and kiss tonight from us and let’s start utilizing the some technology here and Facetime a little more often :)

 






All our love,

Mr. and Mrs. B

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment